Publisher : Apress
Date : 2007
Pages : 546
Format : PDF
ISBN-10 : 1590598733
* Comprehensively and concisely explains both C# 2005 and C# 2008 features
* Focuses on the language itself and on how to use C# 2008 proficiently for all .NET application development
* Concentrates on how C# features work and how to best use them for robust, high-performance code.
* How C# works with and exploits the CLR
* How to use arrays, collections, and iterators
* How to handle events with delegates and anonymous functions
* How to design and use generic types and methods
* How to thread efficiently and robustly
* How to use the C# 2008 anonymous types, lamba expressions, and extension methods
If you're an experienced C# programmer, you need to understand how C# has changed with C# 2008. If youre an experienced object-oriented programmer moving to C#, you want to ramp up quickly in the language while learning the latest features and techniques. In either case, this book is for you. The first three chapters succinctly present C# fundamentals, for those new to or reviewing C#. The rest of the book covers all the major C# features, in great detail, explaining how they work and how best to use them. Whatever your background or need, youll treasure this book for as long as you code in C# 2008.
Trey Nash is a principal software engineer working on PC Bluetooth solutions at Cambridge Silicon Radio. Before focusing on .NET, he specialized in COM/DCOM programming in C, C++, and ATL. Trey earned his bachelor of science and master of engineering degrees in electrical engineering from Texas A&M University.